skip to main |
skip to sidebar
A few tidbits
- I saw Gerald Hodges on campus yesterday. I wanted to get a good look so I could describe him to my blog followers. He did not appreciate me staring at him. Hodges is a legit 6'3" and jacked up top. I hear the biggest issue with Hodges at this point is endurance and I believe it because he has some real skinny legs. It's all good though because he's already on campus and the season doesn't start for another seven months.
- Lots of people asking me how with Clark being a senior in '09 I can say that, barring injury, I don't expect Kevin Newsome to start a game at Penn State. The answer to that question is Paul Jones. Jones, a quarterback from McKees Rocks, is a high school junior who has already committed to play for Penn State. Jones is the second verbal commitment in Penn State's 2010 class. Jones, who will also be enrolling early, is Daunte Culpepper on film. Who was our first commit for 2010? Canonsburg linebacker Mike Hull. Hull is widely regarded as the best linebacker in the state going into next season just as Jones holds that distinction at the quarterback position.
- Penn State recently released their official list regarding their 2009 football recruiting class. They have Garry Gilliam listed as a DE so I guess I was wrong there. They have Sean Stanley as a DL which could mean either DE or DT. They have both Derrick Thomas and Curtis Drake listed as an ATH. I think it would be a real shame if they didn't utilize Drake's talents on offense; he was ultra-productive on the offensive side of the ball in high school. And I'm happy to report that I was right about Gerald Hodges playing safety and not linebacker as they have him listed as a DB.
No comments:
Post a Comment